Sunday, April 4, 2010

They do the darndest things......

My 2 year old, Taz,  is certainly a handful.  Today at Mass after Communion, when the communion hymn was over and the congregation was all quiet, he was in the pew (front one, mind you...  we sit up fron so the kids can see) singing Know Your Enemy by Green Day.  I am so thankful that his little two year old mouth cannot articulate so well.  It could have been a little more embarassing.  As it was, people just thought he liked the hymn som much that he continued singing.....  Thankfully, he was also singing all of the other songs, so that was plausible...

We listen to the classics.  I have the Music Masters Cds as well as Leonard Bernsteins Young People's Concerts but I also let them listen to things like Green Day, which they, of course, prefer.... We discuss the songs, and I love that the kids will remind me to turn off a song they know has a bad word in it.  That being said, my 7 year old has a very strong preference for hard rock.  He knows what button on the car radio that station is, and he asks me to stop on that one before he even hears the song that's on it.....  And I know the kids don't really listen to the words, they just like a good beat - like I did until I was about.....  um.....  well, I guess I still do...........

Sometimes I wonder if I am corrupting them with a bad "diet" of music.  I suppose the bottom line is as long as their music diet is balanced, and they feel like they can talk to me about things, we're in pretty good shape............  Now I need to go try to plan for tomorrow a little before bed.

HAPPY AND BLESSED EASTER!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment