Saturday, February 13, 2010

It's About Time

It is always about time....  Time to do the chores, time to go to bed (which was about two and a half hours ago...), time to wake up, time to cook, time to feed the troops, time for school....  Time is fleeting, and I have realized that there are so many ways to lose it.  I read once that good is the enemy of best, and I think the saying is a great fit when it comes to the use of our time.  What I am doing with my time might be good, there are virtually innumerable "good" things I can do with my time, but am I making BEST use of my time?.

It hit me tonight as I sat here that I keep waiting until the "perfect moment" to start my blog.  I have been waiting for that moment for months now.  I have stayed up a little (and sometimes a lot) too late watching tv, but I never quite found (or made) the "right time" for beginning my foray into the blogosphere.  Well, it's not much, but here it is.

I think that in waiting for the perfect moment, we may lose those things that are important enough to wait for.  How many have put off having children until they had enough money, or put off seeing family until... or put off doing something special with their own family until....  How many people put off apologizing or forgiving until... only to find out their chance had passed?  If we wait for the "right" moment, it may never come.  We are called to make good use of this time that God has given us, or rather the best use of it.  My new resolution is to find the 'best' use of my time and go from there.  (Who says resolutions can only be made on 1/1?)  I am going to have to define what my priorities are and find my best uses for my time from there...  I know the general priorities in my life are: my relationship with God, my relationship with my husband, the raising of my children to become first contributing members of society and foremost Saints.... but I have to go more in-depth to figure out this how-to-spend-my-time thing.   I suppose that one is going to require a little more thought and prayers....


Lord Jesus, Light of the world, 
give us Your light tonight,
Light to see the truth plainly;
Light to see ourselves as we are;
Light to see the way we should go.
Light to see You in Your majesty, 
Your humility and Your love.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment