Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Hopefully Flawed

OK, I am getting the hang of blogging.  I was never good at keeping any type of journal, and so I suppose it is going to be that way without effort when it comes to an electronic journal....

One thing I have been able to reflect on this Lent is that I am flawed....   I have many, many flaws that are mostly due to the vices of Pride and Indulgence.  So, to counteract these, I need to prayerfully develop the virtues of Temperance and Humility.

I have found that when you ask God to help you to develop these virtues, He gives you lots of opportunity to practice.  So far, I am not doing as well as I would like to think that I am.....  Ask to be more humble, and it seems like more 'idiots' and horrible drivers and punky kids are thrust into your life....  I'm working on it, though.  Just because I "would never do x" does not mean that I do not do 'y', which may be just as much of an offense to God or man....

All this being said, I am hopeful.  Thus, I am hopefully flawed, and will likely remain so until I pass from this world.  This passage from Acts of the Apostles 2:25-27 fits my thoughts on this:
David said about him: 
   " 'I saw the Lord always before me.
      Because he is at my right hand,
      I will not be shaken.
 
26Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices;
      my body also will live in hope,
 
27because you will not abandon me to the grave,
      nor will you let your Holy One see decay.


Someday, I might actually around to blogging about being a mom or homeschooling, but I suppose that won't be today.


No comments:

Post a Comment